Genre Research: Horror & Drama


After then, I decided to research a few more genres. I reached out to my peers to extend my learning to other genres such as horror and drama. My peer Amira Griffin had previoiusly studied the Drama genre and I begin going through her google slides. Instance in this slide you get a better understanding of  common movements in the Drama Genre such as Panning and tracking.  


Once I had gathered a better understanding of the Drama genre, I begin going into depth of the context that was incorporated in this genre. I was invested and then I came across the slide labeled Common Camera Angle. This page read, "Common camera angles in drama films and tv shows are high angles shots and Low angle shots." I realized how that in many drama films, it was common for a low angle.


I wanted to introduce myself to one more genre before deciding what my final films genre should be so I reached out to my fellow peer Vanessa, and she let me research her Horror powerpoint. While going through it,  I was fascinated by the Low-key lighting. We all know in a good horror movie you need to have dark rooms and low lighting to create suspense.


Lastly, we all know no good horror movie is complete without a good jump scare. Jump scares are produced through effective sound effects. Proper sounds produced in post production such as eeriesounds to create suspense.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro Blog

Production blog

Believers Music Video Editing Blog