Genre Decision Blog

 At the end of the day, I feel that because I wanted pitch 1, that I was geared towards a science fiction genre. My film pitch read, "In the near future, a highly skilled drone pilot is sent to a military demilitarized zone on a mission to neutralize forces. During this journey he learns the mindset of the opposition and is stuck between saving his home or doing what he feels is right." I begin to debate with myself over what genre fit this movie idea best. I could not do comedy because a movie that deals with military are not funny. Although this did make sense at first, but I was reminded of a shows called M*A*S*H, which depicts the life of members of the 4077th Mobile Army Surgical Hospital who take care of the wounded during the Korean War and use humor to escape the terror and depression of the moment.Then I thought why not make this a horror film, in theory this movie does depict military zone and some military movies can get quite terrifying. I begin to look into movies that fit the genre and it would not click. So I had to eliminate horror. I was left with action. This would make a great action film, where the main character is a protagonist and he is fighting to save the world. It was starting to look like this was the genre for my film, so I was getting ready to begin my next part of the blog and looked at a movie on Netflix called 'Outside the wire.' This movie is similar to my idea and it was a successful Science Fiction movie. This meant that I had to researc this genre. After some good research, I got it down for the final project.I think that this is best and I will be succesfull with it. My goal now is to establish a ground for how I will incorparate this genre into my pitch. I can make the movie be of a different time period to fit the convention of science fiction. Since there are drone pilots, I could also add technology that hasnt been seen before.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro Blog

Production blog

Believers Music Video Editing Blog