Reflection Blog- Music Video

JOSEPH, Nervens

11th Grade

Music Video Reflection Blog 

A reflection blog occurs after you have completed an assignment or anything. Looking back to the music video I can say it was a lot of bad time management going on. I did not utilize my time accordingly nor did I go by my idea of getting my work in on time. Before I talk farther about me and experience with this project lets analyze the final product. 

In a prompt asking how my product challenges or incorporates conventions and how does it represent social groups and/or issues... I would divide my response into 3 sections, weather I challenge conventions or not and how well does it compare to other music videos in the same genre and later analyze the structure of the final product. While analyzing I will state weather it represents social issues. 

I wanted to stay within the borders of my imagination for this project. That isn't something I would normally do, however desperate times called for drastic measures. I attempted to both challenge and outline conventions in the pop rock theme.

For example most of the videos within this genre include clips from the band performing the song, with shortcuts to the narrative. In my case I did not have a band ultimately going against conventions. Within the narrative, the members of the band either portray themselves and show their own experiences or act as fictional characters. Of course like I said not having a band of some sort forced me to go against this convention. Although I did go displayed a few common convention. For example, there are usually a lot of cuts back and forth between performance and narrative and I had that with the working out. Another way I was an advocate for the typical conventions of Pop rock is how normally, the song used or sung would be a story that is based on general issues and everyday life, such as love, relationships and problems. It helps to show the audience (teenagers-young adults) similar encounters that the band may have had in their lives and also gives advice on certain situations. In my film, I exercised the common struggle of never giving up. In my film, I was struggling to bench press the weight however, after constant repetition and working hard I succeeded. 

The social groups used in these videos are ideally band players. That social group is usually the upbeat, get up workout type of music.

One may ask how my video interacts with the audience, well by targeting a specific target group. That may not be necessarily that specific target group, younger aged pop music listeners. I am also able to interact with other demographics considering all demographics of people listen to pop rock and I was simply creating a music video to go alongside the original song. The listeners of the song would be engaging with there ears and letting the music flow through there body. Allow the song to create an upbeat sensation that would encourage a person to go workout or be productive. 

As a real media text, the music video would be distributed via social media. The first platform would be YouTube. All other platforms would be examples of promotion and advertising.

How did my production skills develop throughout this project? From  the moment I decided that phone to film I knew it would be only a matter of time until I encountered an issue/problem. I had relatively no difficulty to film however, it was the post production skills that came into account for this one. I began to investigates and I found that I had over 30 minutes worth of raw footage that had to be turned into a complete 1-minute video. I was executively removing footages, takes, and shots.


I became intergrading ways of using tech and I was to get the first and beginning to finish, I used technology. Because of the situation that the world is facing as a whole. To achieve this task, I had to use all the technology available to me. In order to do all the major editing, I used the Apple software iMovie and exported the footage unto Clipchamp to add the music on the background then downloaded it as an mp4 and uploaded it to the previous blog.


That's all I have for this blog, and thank you all the readers for your time in advance.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro Blog

Production blog

Believers Music Video Editing Blog