CETAPHIL Commercial Filming Blog

 On Saturday, the 31st of October 2020, I set out to begin my filming process in front of my yard. This was cut short because Florida has very bipolar weather and it began to pour, and the filming had to be delayed to the 31st of October. In the end, all shooting was done on the 31st and the editing would be set for the first. To describe the filming process I would have to begin with the camera person. I asked my mom and she was busy and I asked my sister for a favor. She had to stand on the edge of the street and the front yard. The street was not too busy so that was an advantage so fewer takes. All outdoor shooting was taken with precaution. Then the next scene- scene 2 was done in my bathroom and it did not need any outside person to film as I had a phone stand and it worked. There was a lot of footage for this scene and during the editing process, I had to cut to a small timing in order to fit the 30-second limit. The final scenes were done in my room and those did not use my tripod which was not very helpful because the final take did not give a good angle that was professional. In the end, the filming process took a total of a little less than an hour. I wish I had better equipment and filming space but I was resourceful and used what I had. I ended up using a tripod for a few scenes to improve stability and control. The Bathroom scene I used a stand to get that scene done which was not very good. The final 2 scenes, me on a laptop and the outro- there was no tripod used or a proper stance. For a few of the shots, I had to take a few takes because of either traffic issues or technical. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro Blog

Production blog

Believers Music Video Editing Blog