The Thanksgiving Break Filming Blog

 On the 23rd of November of 2020, I began the filming process for my music video. I had a basic understanding of what I wanted the final product to look like. All I had was the story board for guidance and a picture inside my head and a story board. I knew that although this would not be perfect, but I wanted an improvement from my last media studies project. I wanted to show myself that I can do this so I set the Thanksgiving break to be the days to film. Firstly I had to establish my props actors, camera man and all of the needed equipment's. By this day, it is the 25th and I new that I would not be filming the  26th Thanksgiving day. One because I would get in trouble and two I really wouldn't have the time to. 

The location where I would film my entire video from start to finish would be under my garage. Considering that it's day-light saving time, I knew that it would be getting darker earlier. By 6:30 P.M. the sun is out and the moon is shining bright out so my goal was to film right after the sunlight had set and have some footage after the moonlight was bright and I would have my garage light on while I would be working out. 

The first scene according to my storyboard would be an opening scene done in a zoom. During this shot, the camera man would be standing approximately 15-20 feet away from me in order for optimal zooming footages. During the 6th hour of November the 25th I began to get all my props prepared and had my camera man (my sister) ready alongside my tri-pod. I was planning on filming this scene as fast as possible and it got done in a fashionable time. 

Scene two was supposed to introduce the main character of the music video and during this time the main character is doing lounges and this sets the mood of the scene and the music video. There will be a glitching effect right here. (During editing I may add a cut from my commercial project). 

Scene three, I was sweaty and this seen will be retaken. During the retake I will have a towel and chains hanging around my neck for intensity and to appeal to the audiences attention. I will be "struggling" just a little bit in comparison to my original takes where I was doing it with no effort. 

Scene four and the final scene that was completed on that day I began to walk towards the weights. The effect of this is to show that I am up for the challenge. I breath, and enter squatting position where I began to lift the weights on the ground as a deadlift. This scene was successful, more so because I was tired and wanted to go back inside.  

This is the end of this blog, please catch me on December the 3rd for the second half of this blog.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro Blog

Production blog

Believers Music Video Editing Blog