Intro Blog

 JOSEPH, Nervens

11th Grade


Good morning, evening or night to whom it may concern- my name is Nervens Joseph and I am 16 year old currently enrolled in the 11th grader at Fort-Lauderdale Florida. I am in the Cambridge Magnet Program, and I also run track for the school. Within the next 18 sentence I intend to further elaborate about myself and the reasons why I am taking this course. To begin with, I am thankful to have an opportunity to grow and learn besides a wonderful group of students and teachers. This is my 2nd year taking As Level Cambridge courses and I am happy that I chose this class. This class in 6 short weeks has taught me detailed terms on Camera shots, Angles, and movements- Mise-en-Scene- and editing. I have been able to identify general terms used to describe shots and have already applied them to my normal everyday life. For instance, I was watching Fast and the Furious and I was able to identify different tilts, and angles such as a high angle in the beginning of the movie. We also did a 'Conveying a messages' activity and reflection, where I came up with a phrase, (How my school- Fort-Lauderdale High got it's mascot, "Look at that flying  L") and I created a 3-Dimensional artwork that had an Eagle- The wings on our actual mascot, holding an L like figures at its talon. In my reflection paper for that assignment I learned how to research facts and incorporate them into a real life material. 

If you were to ask my close friends or family to describe me, they would probably describe me as cool, nice and very intelligent. I am a very outgoing person rich with energy and a desire for helping out in any way I can. I am a track athlete and basketball player who understands the true meaning of team work, collaboration, and communication. On my free time I enjoy running, cooking, eating, reading books, writing music and stories/books, draw and sing. I am also articulate in French, and Haitian-Creole besides my primary language: English. I am also a National Business Conference finalist at Reginal, and State level and have qualified for National Conferences. 

My goals pertaining this class and in general include not only passing this class with flying colors and the Aice Exam. In my far future after graduation, one day I hope to start my own Architectural Engineering Firm. I plan on doing this by graduating High-School, Going to FAMU (Florida Agriculture & Mechanical University), for my undergrad degrees, and attend Harvard University for my grad school. Prior to graduating I plan on growing my knowledge through hands on collaboration with successful Architectural Engineering Firm owners.


My 3-D Picture representing the phrase "Look at that Flying L"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production blog

Believers Music Video Editing Blog